Home Committee Registration & Forms Constitution/Rules/Contacts Club Officials Minutes Delegates Meetings AGM Dress Code Competitions Gallery Trophy Archive Results Recent Updates

Home Continued

Previous Page

Dear ALL,          12/01/2021

A difficult year to say the least and although there is some light at the end of the tunnel with the roll out of the vaccine there is still no confirmation from BCGBA about a season start. This is completely understandable, and confirmation may not be received until much nearer to the proposed season start date of mid-April.  I have my doubts whether we will be bowling in April, more likely, May or June.

This will mean some juggling with fixtures, not an easy, or speedy, task.

I still intend to go ahead with all competitions; however, town matches and Charity game will be dependent on the season start date and agreement of St Helens and Widnes.

I have asked for clubs to contact me by the end of January with confirmation of teams signing up for the new season. I have already had some replies so please contact me as soon as possible with your confirmations.

This will enable the committee to take any decisions necessary with the divisional and fixture formats for this season.

Many clubs have said that there will probably be less players signing on and they could struggle to raise twelve players regularly.

The Committee will review player numbers once the registrations are received and will take a view on whether numbers of players to play can be reduced if this will assist teams.

Obviously, once we have a season start date, I will also be able to arrange the first delegate meeting to accept registrations and fees, and issue fixture lists,

Whether we can hold a belated AGM is very doubtful or beneficial.


I am still awaiting any volunteers for the Minutes Secretary, Vice Chairman and Treasurer.  

It is vital that the association has a new Treasurer for the start of the new season.

As ever, please contact me if you have any questions.



John Pownall